Featured ROM: Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Galaxy S7 edge with LineageOS
Samsung has made Android Nougat available for Galaxy S7 edge. Looking for the very latest software? Well, then you will have to trust the wonderful world of custom ROMs. Based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, LineageOS 14.1 Nightly ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Bringing stock experience, here is how to update Galaxy S7 edge to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 edge to Android 7.1.1 LineageOS 14.1
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S7 edge to Android 7.1.1 ROM
Required files: download LineageOS 14.1 firmware for Galaxy S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore > Backup on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 edge into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don’t forget to let us know about your experience with this ROM. For more details, support and screenshots, head over to this official website. You can also download the ROM for several other Android phones from this link too.