Download and Flash Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy S7 edge
After months of waiting, Samsung finally started releasing Android 7.0 Nougat to Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge users. While some reports had suggested that the Korean phone maker will offer a direct upgrade to Android 7.1, it wasn't the case. The Android 7.0 Nougat update is now available, but if you are looking for files to manually flash XXU1DPLT on your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, today's guide will help you out.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy S7 user, head over to this page for download links and steps.
G935FXXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat
- Model SM-G935F
- Model name Galaxy S7 edge
- Country United Kingdom
- Version Android 7
- Changelist 10273029
- Build date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:24:49 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2017-01-01
- Product code BTU
- PDA G935FXXU1DPLT
- CSC G935FOXA1DPLT
Before you proceed to manually flash XXU1DPLT on S7 edge
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the installation guide:
- Download and install USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > tap for about five times to enable Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge's battery is charged up to more than 70%.
Check and confirm your phone's model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge model G935F.
How to install XXU1DPLT Android 7 Nougat on S7 edge
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it. Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power, and Home buttons together.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. (In case the smartphone isn't successfully added to Odin, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name (this would be the extracted .tar.md5 file)
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the. pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- BL and select file with BL in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 7.0 Nougat installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message and your phone will restart.
- Once you see the home screen, you can unplug your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
Successfully installed XXU1DPLT Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? Don't forget to share your Nougat experience with us.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter