Featured ROM: Get Galaxy S8 Nougat Features on Your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
We keep bringing you new Nougat ROMs for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, especially with a focus on those that promise to bring the latest and most exciting features from the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. We will shortly be seeing some features coming from Note 8 too, but until that happens with stability, let’s settle with Galaxy S8. We have already shared with you the popular BatmanROM. Today’s guide focuses on Android Nougat ODEX AMBASADII Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7 edge.
Unlike what we usually do, this post brings installation steps directly from the developer, so proceed at your own risk. We have also shared the developer’s thread if you want to check out all the details or need any support.
AMBASADII Android Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7 edge features:
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2017
- Latest bootloader/modem S7 Flat / S7 Edge included to aroma installer!
- Removed 100% Knox and Fota Client
- Rooted by SuperSU or Magisk !
* fixed permissions for external storage r/w
* private mode fixed
* keep current csc or select region from aroma!
* added CSC for 54 countries
* added reboot to recovery button to power menu
* enabled fingerprint unclock after reboot without pattern or pin
* enabled duration keys lighting in the setting
* enabled secret mode in samsung browser
* disabled high volume warning for head phones
* enabled ambient display
* enabled floating messages
* enabled applock
* enabled screen capture toggle with screen recorder support
* enabled google assistant (only for english language)
* enabled air command N5
* enabled multi subsymbols for S7 keyboard
* enabled knox secure folder support
* 1060 Fonts Pack mod
* iOS Emoji mod
* A.R.I.S.E Sound Systems™ mod
* Dolby Atmos™ mod
* Dual Speaker Sound Mod
* AryaMod Sound Mod All in One (Viper+Dolby+Beats Audio)
* Included many ported S8 apps!
Prerequisites to install Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60%.
Steps to install Ambasadii Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7 edge
Here’s the recommended installation method from the developer (slightly edited for clarity).
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file and then copy to the memory card.
- Activate developer mode on the current system and turn on the option enable OEM.
- Reboot phone mode to download mode and flash using Odin (AP) TWRP recovery [you must turn off autoreboot options in Odin and after flash manually reboot the phone into recovery mode].
- Go to options and select wipe data format – write “yes” then after finishing wipe necessarily restart phone to recovery mode [ATTENTION this operation will clear the memory of the phone without touching the data contained on the ex-scdard].
- Confirm “allow modifications” if recovery asks.
- Flash in the recovery file no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip.
- Reboot Galaxy S7 edge to recovery mode.
- Confirm “allow modifications”.
- Go to wipe option and do all wipes: data, cache, system , dalvik-cache.
- Install ROM from zip.
- Restart phone and wait for system booting.
For complete features list, links and installation guides, head over to the developer’s thread.