ROM-in-Feature: Steps to Flash LineageOS 14.1 Galaxy S5 Nougat Custom ROM
The newly rebranded LineageOS 14.1 Nightly custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat is now available for Samsung Galaxy S5. A new branding of the highly popular CyanogenMod, LineageOS 14.1 promises stock experience with better performance and extensive customization choices. Follow this guide for links and steps to install LineageOS Galaxy S5 Nougat custom ROM. For more details, screenshots, and support, please visit the developer's website.
Prerequisites to install Galaxy S5 Nougat ROM
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: The beta custom ROM is a work in progress. For more features, problems, bugs, and support, please visit developer's thread.
How to flash LineageOS 14.1 Nightly Galaxy S5 Nougat
Required file: download LineageOS Nightly Galaxy S5 Nougat ROM from here (links are available for several variants, including Sprint, Vodafone, US Cellular, and other models). Copy the zip file to your SD card.
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don't like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Then, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the LineageOS custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- Repeat the above steps to install Gapps.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your S5 to the latest firmware.
Running Nougat on your Galaxy S5? Don't forget to share your favorite ROMs with us and if you loved this latest LineageOS 14.1 Nightly for your device.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter