Looking for a fantastic piece of firmware that could just free you of all that Samsung bloat, bring you improved battery life and performance too? You are in for a treat! Based on official Android 7.0 Nougat, SamStock Android Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge seems to be one of the best new custom ROMs that we have seen in a long time. This custom ROM promises the absolute best and clean stock experience. Bloat? Gone. Performance issues? Gone. Battery life? Massively improved.
"It's so stock that it's stock," SamStock's developer writes excitedly (edited for clarity). "Some ROM makers like to customize their ROMs by branding it with their name, and I have nothing against that. This ROM, however, has none of that."
Several users have commented on its charms. "Flashed the ROM according to the instructions on my GT-920F," XDA user amgat writes (edited for clarity). "Everything is working fine. I came from a lineage ROM and had lots of different issues i.e. battery and stk not working."
"I now have excellent battery time and a working stk and a debloated phone. I also love how the aroma(?) installer let me choose whether or not to install annoying apps like Twitter and Facebook."
Another user wrote that they tried the ROM on their W8. "Glad to have a stock ROM with most of the bloatware removed and none of those added features," they wrote. "Thank you for the hard work."
Ready to start freeing up your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge from all the junk and improve both its performance and battery life? Read on for all the instructions and links to flash this Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge.
SamStock Android 7 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge
-Untouched. Completely stock out of the latest zip from sammobile.
-July Security Patch
-Multi CSC just like stock firmware (EXCEPT 920F HAS UNLOCKED CSC)
-Private Mode working
-System Status = Official (In DL mode and in about phone)
-Can check for and DL latest updates from samsung
-Play Store > Settings > Device Certification > Certified (MOST ROMS FAIL THIS)
-No branding by me at all
-No changes to any apk
-SE for Android Status: ENFORCING
-Samsung Health working fully
Prerequisites to install SamStock Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to flash Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into TWRP recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from Recovery, perform a full data wipe by pressing the Wipe button. Tap on Swipe to Factory Reset at the bottom. ROM developer has suggested to "Advanced wipe all partitions except for /usbstorage."
- Go back to main recovery menu and tap on the Install button. Locate the SamStock ROM ZIP file and tap Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Once the installation process is done, reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925F into the new custom ROM.
Love it, hate it? Don't forget to share your thoughts on this comparatively new Samsung Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM with fellow Android fans.