Samsung's latest Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have started shipping out to consumers worldwide. As Chainfire has already released the CF-Auto-Root utility with the support for latest duo, users who are new to the world of Android will need a lot of advanced support. Recovery mode in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge works as a maintenance mode geared for advanced users. If you don't shy away from the technicalities and are open to access system permissions and settings, this guide is for you.
Since the root has been achieved, you will need to learn how to get into the Galaxy S7 recovery mode before you start rooting and flashing custom recoveries on your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.
- Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Exynos)
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 on Marshmallow with CF-Auto-Root
Note: the tutorial works for both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge.
How to enter the Galaxy S7 recovery mode
Here are the few simple steps to boot into Galaxy S7 or S7 edge recovery mode:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge completely.
- Boot into Galaxy S7 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home keys.
- While pressing these, hold the Power key too.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S7 screen flickers and you see the logo.
- Once in Recovery mode, you will have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- That's just about it!
You are now in the Galaxy S7 recovery mode. When you want to switch back to the normal mode, you can simply use the Reboot option. At any time, you can also exit the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power button for about ten seconds. This trick also works in cases when your device gets stuck while you are in the Recovery Mode.
Note: If you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge smartphone, and have installed a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM, you can boot it into the download mode using third-party apps such as Quick Boot Reboot, GooManager and ROM Manager from Google Play Store. Before installing, please confirm if they support the newly released Galaxy S7 duo.