Featured ROM: Get Galaxy S8 Features, Improved Battery & Performance on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Getting jealous of all the Galaxy S8 talk? Based on Samsung Galaxy S8 firmware, you can now get all that is new and awesome right on your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Today's featured ROM brings you a number of tweaks along with battery and performance improvements. Follow this guide to read all about this Galaxy S7 edge ROM and steps to flash the firmware on your device.
RENOVATE Galaxy S8 for Galaxy S7 edge features:
- Completely rebased on G950FXXU1AQH3
- Android Nougat
- All previous mods/tweaks ported
- Knox set to 0x0 when booted
- Fully working private mode
- Customizable AROMA installer with option to debloat & remove knox
- Choose from no root, magisk or supersu
- Choose from lots of different CSC features
- Optimized for improved battery / performance
- Tweaks app to control your experience
- Device status set to official
- 5 way reboot menu added
- Added outdoor mode to settings
- Added LED notifications to settings
- Added extended animation values to settings
- Added applock
- Added screen recorder quick settings tile
- Removed OEM unlock toggle from settings to avoid accidentally re-locking device
- Enabled SystemUI Tuner, activate by long press settings button in quick settings panel
- Alarm volume added to the volume control dialogue
- Recents long press behaviour
- Window animation scale control
- Transition animation scale control
- Animator duration scale control
- Much more!
Prerequisites to install RENOVATE Galaxy S7 edge ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge model G930F; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. For more details of the ROM, support and to download it for other S7 edge variants, visit the official XDA thread.
How to flash Nougat Galaxy S7 edge ROM
Required files: download Renovate Nougat for Galaxy S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, follow these steps to install Renovate Galaxy S7 edge ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from menu, select wipe and Format Data.
- Go to Advanced Wipe and wipe everything except for MicroSD and USB OTG.
- Select install and locate the custom firmware to confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, tap on Reboot now. First boot may take a few minutes, so don't be worried.
Don't forget to share with us your thoughts on this Galaxy S7 edge custom ROM.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter