Two Ways to Unlock HTC One M8 Bootloader – How to
If you want to experiment with your HTC One M8 and get the most out of it by rooting it; installing a custom recovery tool; or flashing custom ROMs, you can easily unlock HTC One M8 bootloader. Here are the two ways to help you with the unlocking process of HTC’s latest flagship.
Prerequisites to unlock bootloader on HTC One M8:
- Charge your HTC One M8 to at least 70% of battery.
- Create backup of all your important data in your HTC One as unlocking the bootloader would wipe all the data.
- Make sure that USB Drivers for HTC One M8 are installed on your computer.
– Relevant read: Downgrade HTC One to Factory Settings – How to
How to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader:
– Method 1: Download Hasoon’s All-in-One toolkit from here; run the executable and follow the instructions. Seems easy, but in case you don’t trust this tool, following is the usual way to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader.
– Method 2: Required files: download Fastboot zip from here; extract the contents and save the folder on desktop. Once done, follow these steps to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader:
- Create an HTC account on the HTCDev website and verify your email address.
- After verifying, log into your HTC Dev account.
- Click on the Unlock Bootloader > Get Started.
- Ensuring that your HTC One M8 is disconnected from your computer, enter in the Fastboot Mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power simultaneously. You will soon see the LOCKED text and then you can release the keys.
- Select FASTBOOT and press the Power key to boot.
- Now, connect your HTC One M8 to your PC via a USB cable. Once connected, you will see the FASTBOOT USB on your M8’s screen.
- Go to the extracted folder on your desktop and open command prompt window by pressing and holding Shift, Right-click on an empty space > click on the open command window here.
- Enter this command in the cmd window:
- fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Copy the token test listed between Identifier Token Start and Identifier Token End.
- Go HTC Dev’s page here > go to My Device Identifier Token > paste the token text copied from cmd above > Submit.
You will get an email now from HTC Dev with a Unlock_code.bin file. Download this attached file and copy it in the Fastboot folder and follow the steps below:
- Close the command prompt window and open it again as before.
- Enter the following line in the cmd:
- fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_Code.bin
- In order to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader, your smartphone will boot now and will show you the Unlock Bootloader screen. Use Volume Up key to select YES. Hit the Power key to confirm the process.
- Your HTC One M8 will restart now and unlock its bootloader.
- When your device boots up after finishing the process successfully, you can then disconnect it from computer.
Verification: you can verify if you have successfully completed the process to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader by booting in the Fastboot Mode. At the top, it will show you UNLOCKED text.