Install TWRP Recovery on HTC One M8 – How to
You can now have the latest TWRP 184.108.40.206 custom recovery tool on your brand new HTC One M8. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is one of the two most popular recovery tools and helps you root your smartphone along with installing custom firmwares on your device. TWRP is itself customizable as it lets you change its themes and mods to better suit your own requirements and aesthetics. Here is how to install TWRP recovery on HTC One M8 and start your journey of customized smartphone usage.
- Relevant: How to Root HTC One M8 – Tutorial
TWRP Recovery features:
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Default partitions to back up
- Default zip folder location
- Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
- Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
- Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D’sstock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home – Main Menu
- Menu – Advanced Menu
- Back – Up a Menu Level
- Search – Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp
Prerequisites to check...
- Charge your HTC One M8 to at least 70% of battery level.
- Create backup of all your important data in your HTC One.
- Make sure that USB Drivers for HTC One are installed on your computer; ensure to have HTC Sync on your PC.
- Make sure that ADB and Fastboot are configured on your PC.
- Ensure to have your HTC One M8 with an unlocked bootloader and have a recovery tool installed.
Note: this guide is specifically tailored to unlocked HTC One M8 - please do not try it on other variants. Also note that this process will void your manufacturer warranty so please proceed at your own risk.
Install TWRP Recovery on HTC One M8:
Required files: download TWRP from this link.
- Connect your HTC One M8 with your PC using a USB cable and install ADB drivers.
- Copy/paste the downloaded TWRP recovery image to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Go to Fastboot / Bootloader mode by navigating to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools > Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > click on the Open Command Prompt)
- Type the following command:
- adb reboot bootloader and press Enter.
- HTC One M8 will now turn off and reboot in the Fastboot mode.
- Next, type the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-m8.img and press Enter.
- When done, choose Recovery from the menu to enter in the Recovery Mode.
- Once you see the TWRP Recovery, you can be sure that the recovery tool has been successfully installed on your HTC One (M8).
- You can reboot your smartphone from the menu by selecting reboot system now.
To enter into custom recovery: Turn your HTC One M8 off and reboot it by holding down the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter