The Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Coming Soon for All Platforms; Patch Notes Detailed
CD Project Red has shared some details regarding the upcoming patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Marcin Momot explains that this is a very big update that they have been working on for a long time and more info should arrive later this week.
Patch 1.07 Changelog:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
The Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Coming Soon for All Platforms
Momot also clarifies that there will be no patch 1.06 for consoles, as the 1.07 is the next update for all platforms:
@David_Exporte There will be no 1.06 on consoles. 1.07 is the next update on all platforms.
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) July 7, 2015
Since the changelog for the upcoming update became available as shown above some gamers wondered what the alternative movement response was about, to which Momot gave further information on the official forums:
“Some players have been reporting that Geralt’s responsiveness was not up to their preferences so we are introducing a toggle to switch between two types of responsiveness. Once you play it, you’ll be able to choose the one that fits you better.”
CD Projekt decided to implement a toggle instead of altering the settings:
“If you put in a lot of hours into the game and we change it all of a sudden, that would feel weird, wouldn’t it? That’s why we thought it would be only natural to have this as an on/off option.”
We will bring you any additional information on the next patch and any other Witcher 3 related news as soon as they become available.
We have recently reported that Marcin Momot, Community Manager and Coordinator for CD Projekt has stated that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt does not have a level cap, something that should really please fans of the game.
A new mod for the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been made available, named E3FX which as the name suggests it tries to mimic the E3 2013 trailer. You can check out and download the mod here.
CD Projekt RED has finally released the new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with the free DLC on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4. The update includes a sexy new look for Yennefer and a new mission for Geralt.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt had the biggest UK release of the year so far, crashing Battlefield Hardline’s week one sales by 53 per cent. 63% of physical sales were on the PlayStation 4, followed by 32% on the Xbox One and 5% on PC. The majority of PC sales were digital though. On top of that it seems that it managed to top both the Steam and Green Man Gaming charts as well.
The game has received another patch and the patch notes state an improvement of the texture rendering quality on High and Ultra settings.
The Witcher 3 Hunter’s Config is a nice little tool offering easy access to graphical options, and it’s certainly worth a look.
As we have previously covered a few adjustments in the ini files can improve the grass quality in The Witcher 3, as well as the performance. A workaround on how to run HairWorks on AMD GPUs without crippling performance, has also been made available, enabling AMD GPU users to enjoy The Witcher 3 with HairWorks enabled, while getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU.
The Witcher 3 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.