Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 Now Available for Non-Insider Lumia 950, 950 XL and 550
A few days after its release to Insiders, Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 to non-Insider users today.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 rolls out to non-Insiders:
Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10586.71 was released to the Fast ring and later to the Slow ring. After Insiders having tested the preview, the build is now rolling out to public users who own the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL or Lumia 550. The preview isn't yet available for the users of Windows Phone devices who have long been waiting for the mobile operating system to be made available for their devices.
Here is the complete changelog of Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 cumulative update for non-Insiders:
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
- Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
- Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
- Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0% for extended time periods.
- Change to update system to now require phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to get stuck on BitLocker Recovery screen after a reset.
Unlike previous cumulative updates, this one is expected to be a lot smoother as Microsoft has tirelessly worked to iron out any performance issues. If you are a non-Insider user of Lumia 950, 950 XL or Lumia 550, go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates to get the latest Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 cumulative update.