Just 3 Days After Its Release on Fast Ring, Windows 10 Mobile Preview Hits the Slow Ring
Slow ring members of the Windows Insider program are now receiving the recently released Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 on their devices.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 hits the Slow ring:
As Microsoft promised to accelerate the number of preview builds Fast ring members will receive, it also said that users on the Slow ring will be able to enjoy only the tested and stable preview builds. While we believed that it meant Slow ring Insiders would see delayed releases, Microsoft has started pushing out Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 just days after its release on the Fast ring.
The new update brings improvements to the Edge browser, fixes to Windows Update performance, under-the-hood optimizations, and overall performance improvements. The build was released earlier this week to the Fast ring with the following bug fixes:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
As seen in the above changelog, this build also has a focus on stability and performance improvements rather than any new features. Those of you on Windows Insider Fast ring can start looking out for a new build, Windows 10 Mobile 10586.104 as we saw reports yesterday that the preview will hit the Lumia devices next week.