Windows 10 Mobile 10586.218 Out for Release Preview and Non-Carrier Retail Phones
Microsoft is busy this Patch Tuesday as the company hasn't only started releasing cumulative updates to the desktop version of Windows 10, but the Mobile users too are finally getting a new Insider preview. While we are still looking forward to the promised Redstone preview (14316), Insiders on the Release Preview ring can now install Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 on their devices.
Windows 10 Mobile buil 10586.218
Microsoft is now releasing Windows 10 Mobile Preview build 10586.218 to members of the Insider program on the Release Preview ring. If you are on this ring, you can go to Settings > Update & Security > Phone Update to get the latest build.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.218 changelog
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn't load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
Several non-Insider Windows 10 Mobile users on the web have reported receiving the notification for the update on their own Windows 10 Mobile devices. The update may have been sent out to both the Release Preview ring as the Insider build and to the non-Insider users as a cumulative update. Non-carrier retail devices that are officially updated to Windows 10 Mobile (sold with Windows 10 Mobile) are also apparently receiving the same update.
[Update]: It's now confirmed that the update is rolling out to retail Windows 10 Mobile devices that aren't carrier branded.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter