Update Galaxy S4 Mini to CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Unofficial – How to
You can now update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 using the popular CM12.1 custom ROM. Very close to AOSP, this custom firmware has all its features working smoothly making this a stable custom ROM. Here is how to update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 based, feature-packed CM12.1.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 CM12.1:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: This custom firmware flashing process is detailed specifically for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE model number I9195. Please do not try it on other Samsung or Android devices. Also note that this is an unofficial custom firmware and while it's reported to be stable, be cautious if you have no experience with beta versions of the custom ROMs.
How to update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 unofficial:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy Mini off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest CM12.1 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so please be patient.
- Ta da! This was how to update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CyanogenMod ROM!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter