Guide to Install Carbon Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
You can now have one of the most popular custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Carbon custom firmware is without doubt one of the all time favorites. You can now install Carbon custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 and I9195. This custom ROM for SGS4 Mini is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but we hope to get an Android 4.2.2 KitKat powered Carbon for Mini soonest.
Enjoy the new features and capabilities of Carbon custom ROM. Here is the step by step tutorial to install Carbon custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 and I9195.
Prerequisites to install Carbon custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device - learn to backup SMS & MMS.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 Mini in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini carries more than 80% of charge.
How to install Carbon custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
Required files: download Carbon Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from the links below:
Also download Google Apps Package. Save these files on your computer; do not unzip.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the external card of your galaxy smartphone.
- Disconnect the cable and switch your Galaxy S4 Mini off. Boot in to recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step since it's a custom ROM and can contain bugs.
- Next perform a full data wipe operation on our SGS4 Mini: wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache for wiping Dalvik cache data too.
- Now from sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Carbon Android 4.3 ROM file from sdCard and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step but this time Google Apps Package.
- Done with these installations? Go back to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now.
That's it! The process to install Carbon custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 and I9195 is simple as that. Enjoy the new features!