Run Mac Apps on Android Tablets and Smartphones – How to
Ever wanted to run some OS X app on your Android tablet or smartphone? If so, you are in for a surprise as we show you how to run a Mac app on your Android devices using Parallels Access. PA was previously only available for iPad, but now you can run this software to get OS X spice on your Android too. Running OS X software apps on your Android tablets and smartphone gives you an ability to handle your computer remotely along with many other perks.
You can update your OS X remotely, move files, update a system, and most importantly you get to run the full Mac apps instead of the smartphone specific Android apps. Parallels Access is also a great tool as it lets you run a software piece that may not be available in Android environment yet.
How to set up Parallels Access:
- Go to Parallels and sign up for your account. Once subscribed, you can install the OS X app on up to five devices; run an iOS or Android app on any number of tablets and smartphones; and also create a complete virtual environment using Parallels Desktop on Windows and OS X.
- After signing up, download the Parallels software from this link and install it.
- Log into the program and under the Advanced tab check the Log in automatically… and Start Parallels Access when I log in to OS X.
- Now on your Android device, get the free Parallels App from Google Play Store and log into it.
- Now the app will show the connected computers that you set on your Mac.
- From the list of computers, tap on the one that has the app your want to run and control from your Android device.
- You will see a grid of icons that looks more like usual apps on your Android home screen.
- Tap on any to run it.
- In case you want to edit the items shown on your home screen, you can tap on the Android menu button and select Edit application list > go through the list and uncheck the ones you don’t want to see in Parallels Access. Confirm with OK.
Parallels Access is a great software if you want to be able to remotely connect with your computer, be it Windows or OS X. Parallels Access comes with a one month free trial and a $19.99 yearly subscription cost.