iPhone 6 Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with Larger 1.75μm Pixels
iPhone 6 Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS):
Earlier we came across some rumors indicating that Apple’s eight-gen iPhone 6 will feature an 8 megapixel camera with an Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) module. Keeping the iPhone 5s pixels, Apple’s supplier InvenSense had earlier indicated a possible OIS deal between the supplier and Apple. However, ESM China analyst has come forward to claim that iPhone 6 will not use OIS but would integrate Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS).
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) helps in stabilizing the image by taking photos in quick succession and combining them to minimize motion. OIS stabilizes an still image and tries to avoid blur; with video recording, it removes shaking effects, thus affecting the overall camera quality.
Chief analyst ESM, Sun Chang Xu says that the next gen iPhone’s camera will take photos with larger pixel: 1.75 microns per pixel, as compared to 1.5μm of iPhone 5s camera. This analysis explains that the Cupertino based mobile manufacturer may have opted for iPhone 6 Electronic Image Stabilization, which is a software based image stabilization, instead of an OIS module to avoid a bulkier camera lens.
While it is unknown how accurate this analysis is, numerous number of reports have previously indicated that Apple will for Optical Image Stabilization as it produces very superior camera results. As smartphones’ battle of photography grows intense, it would be only fair for Apple to work on the camera to produce better low-light photography.
However, EIS shouldn’t be considered as anything less effective as it tries to compensate movement with algorithms to help improve photography, as already experienced on Samsung Galaxy S5. EIS also means less production costs, and no changes in hardware which seems quite happening as Apple tries to never get the manufacturing costs up.
Top iOS and Android posts this week:
- Images: Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G2, Apple iPhone 5s, Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 Camera Comparison
- Samsung has Detected Galaxy S5 Camera Failure Bug – Exchange Offered!
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal (Swarovski) Launching in May; Galaxy S6 will Debut Flexible Youm Display
- Following the Rumors of Curved iPhone 6, Here Comes the First Mockup!
- Gems Hidden in Samsung Galaxy S5 In-House ISOCELL Sensor
- New Leaked Images of Premium Samsung Galaxy S5 – Launching in June!
- 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina to Get Touch ID, A8 Processor, and an 8MP Camera