Samsung has Detected Galaxy S5 Camera Failure Bug – Exchange Offered!
Galaxy S5 camera failure bug detected:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 owners suffered a major issue with their smartphone camera over this weekend. While the 16 megapixels camera worked just perfectly initially, it eventually started malfunctioning for the Verizon (and reportedly some Sprint) users. A number of owners reported getting the Warning: Camera Failed. error message when they tried to use camera - it stops working from other apps like Instagram too.
The good news though is that Samsung has proved to be at a lightning speed to fix this Galaxy S5 camera failure issue, or at least to offer some solution to the consumers. Samsung announced on Sunday that the number of Samsung Galaxy S5 units experiencing this issue is very limited:
"Samsung is committed to providing the best experience for customers. We have learned that a limited number of Galaxy S 5 devices may have an issue that causes “Camera Failure” pop-up error message. We ask that customers affected call 1-888-987-4357 or visit their carrier for service under Samsung’s standard limited warranty."
Company reports that the problem found in the malfunctioning devices had to with the ROM component.The Korean mobile manufacturer claims that new units coming from assembly line will not have this issue.
What makes the situation worse though is that even a factory reset cannot help you sorting this issue out. The Verizon users of Samsung Galaxy S3 are also reporting this camera failure issue. Verizon users are advised to get their Samsung Galaxy S5 back to Verizon or call Samsung at 1-888-987-4357 to arrange an exchange.
Some of this weeks' top hits:
- “Meet The Next Galaxy” Official Teaser Released – Samsung Galaxy K Video
- Following the Rumors of Curved iPhone 6, Here Comes the First Mockup!
- Finally We’ll be Able Charge up Our Smartphones in 30 seconds!
- No New iPod Coming this Year or After – iWatch to Replace iPods
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal (Swarovski) Launching in May; Galaxy S6 will Debut Flexible Youm Display
- Samsung Launching Premium Galaxy S5 SM-G906 with 2K Display and Metallic Finish
- Possible iPad Air 2 Front Panel with Thinner Design – Leaked Images
- How to Protect Your Smartphone’s Touch Screen – Android Tips and Tricks
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter