[Updated x4] RELEASED: Evasi0n iOS 7.0.4 Jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch – Merry Christmas?
[Update 1]: You can check this tutorial if you want to jailbreak your iPhone 5s, 5c, and other iOS 7 powered devices including iPad, iPod Touch models.
Evasi0n iOS 7.0.4 Jailbreak!
Did we call Evasi0n's work on iOS 7 jailbreak sluggish? We must apologize as Evad3rs team gets ready for a big Christmas gift. Yep! The Evasi0n 7, iOS 7.0.4 jailbreak for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch has just been released.
In a surprising move - or rather ecstatic - evad3rs team today has released the latest evasi0n jailbreak for Apple devices. The latest evasi0n7 can jailbreak devices running iOS 7 through iOS 7.0.4.
The jailbreak tool is available for both Mac and Windows and the requirements posted on evasi0n website are:
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you're running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Wait! Before getting too excited, make sure to take all the precautionary steps before you jailbreak your device. The requirements to use iOS 7.0.4 jailbreak tool are posted on evad3rs website:
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.
[Update 2]: Evad3rs team has updated Evasi0n 7 to version 1.0.1, removing the TaiG App Store.
[Update 3]: Apple seeded iOS 7 Beta 3 to devs and testers. However, security exploits used by evasi0n still haven't been patched. Here is how to jailbreak iOS 7 beta 3.
[Update 4]: Users have been facing boot loop issue on Retina iPad Mini; Evasi0n7 1.0.3 is released to fix the issue - Support for iOS 7.1 Beta 3.