Insurgency: Sandstorm Getting an Open Beta This Weekend Ahead of December 12th Launch
Focus Home Interactive and New World Interactive announced an Open Beta happening this weekend for Insurgency: Sandstorm, their upcoming tactical first-person shooter game due to launch on December 12th on PC (with console versions coming sometime next year).
The developers are currently putting the finishing touches on a reportedly massive update due to hit on December 7th, when the Open Beta is scheduled to go live on Steam. Players can expect the full map pool to be available, as well as an optimization pass and brand new voice lines.
If you can't wait a couple of days, pre-purchasing the game also gives you access to the ongoing beta. Fanatical currently has the best price offer.
The developers have also released a new gameplay overview video, check it out below.
An intense atmosphere putting the terror into modern combat
Move with speed and caution as you push through the war-torn environments of a fictional contemporary conflict in the Middle East. Death comes fast, ammunition must be carefully managed, and the environment must be tactically navigated at every step toward victory.
Insurgency: refined and expanded
For the first time in an Insurgency game, customize your character to show your veterancy with diverse sets of clothing, uniforms, accessories, and character voices. Coordinate fire support with your team, engage enemies with vehicle mounted machine guns, and go head to head in small scale high speed competitive matches. Wield new weapons and new upgrades to outmaneuver, outflank, and outsmart the enemy.
War at its realest
Continuing Insurgency’s acclaim as the most atmospheric shooter, Sandstorm is built on Unreal 4 to bring its gritty close-quarters combat into a whole new era of realism. Skill is rewarded, and survival is paramount. Feel every bullet, and fear every impact.
- Sequel to the indie breakout FPS Insurgency, now with 5 million units sold. Sandstorm is reborn, improved, expanded, and bigger in every way.
- Character and weapon customisation to show your battle-hardiness.
- Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, and heart pounding ambient audio to bring you into the battlefield.
- Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance, and call in air support.
- Battle across expansive maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against AI, now with machine gun mounted drivable vehicles.
- Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI, and replays.