Install Official CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy S4 – How to
Prerequisites before you install official CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy S4:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- AT&T Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install official CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy S4:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM11 Android 4.4 Nightlies official custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 i337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully flashed Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 official firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter