Update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Echoe Custom ROM – How to
You can now update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Echoe custom ROM. This custom firmware is based on stock 4.4.2 firmware I9505GUEUCML4. Echoe Android 4.4.2 firmware is packed with new features and a plenty of customization options.
Android 4.4.2 Echoe KitKat features:
- Based on official Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat I9505GUEUCML4
- With jgedlte-faux123-GE-KK44-014m_r2
- Extra Settings for OTA updates, full customization of your phone and more
- Echoe Extended 4-way Power Menu
- 1% Battery mod
- Center clock with a very clever feature
- Transparent Notification Panel
- Enabled H, H+ and 4G data icons
- Beautiful custom background
- With Viper4Android
- Enabled 4way rotation
- Enabled lockscreen rotation
- Added “The Mother of ALL AD-BLOCKING”
- Added Google Experience Launcher
- Navigation Bars
- Applied the AWESOME Echoe Build.prop tweaks for even more speed and fluidity
- Custom Echoe KitKat Boot Animation
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Echoe custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on international Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Echoe KitKat custom ROM:
Required files: download the Echoe Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Echoe Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Echoe custom firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter