Update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Infamous Google Edition – How to
Infamous S4 Google Edition custom firmware can now be flashed on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919. Infamous S4 is a stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with some RAM tweaks and de-bloating. If you want to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2, flash this custom firmware on your smartphone.
Relevant read this week: Last Minute Holiday Gifts? Check Out these Holiday Offers on MacBook Pro, Air and iMacs
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Infamous KitKat:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Infamous Google Edition custom ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 M919 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone.
- Disconnect the connection with computer and turn your Samsung Galaxy S4 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes, once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Galaxy S4 Infamous custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS4 M919.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Infamous Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
Important note: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS4, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.