Gran Turismo Sport July Update To Add Mercedes F1, New Track and Microtransactions
Polyphony Digital revealed all the details of a new Gran Turismo Sport update coming this month to the racing game. There are new cars (including the Mercedes F1), a new track and additional changes, such as the ability to purchase cars priced at less than two million in-game credits directly via the PlayStation Store.
1. 8 new models, including the Mercedes F1 and Mazda 787B, will be added.
- Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017 (Gr.X)
- Mazda 787B '91 (Gr.1)
- Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (Gr.3)
- Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT '62 (Gr.X)
- HONDA S660 '15 (N100)
- Honda Beat '91 (N100)
- Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (N100)
2. The new 'Circuit de Sainte-Croix', with 6 geometric layouts, will be added.
・'Circuit de Sainte-Croix' (A/B/C)
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A: Total Length: 9,477m, Elevation Change: 44m, Number of corners: 19, Longest Straight: 915m
This is an original track themed on the Sainte-Croix lake, which actually exists in the Provence region of Southern France. The long 10km course has various branches, and it is possible to select from 3 different layouts labeled A, B, and C respectively. The track contains corners comprised of geometric shapes such as 90 degree and radial corners. There is also a reverse layout to each.
3. The option to purchase cars from the PlayStation™Store will be added.
Cars that cost less than 2,000,000 in-game Cr. can now be purchased directly through the PS Store, in addition to your standard in-game purchase.
The service start date will vary depending on the region.
- Asia Region and Americas Region: July 30
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Region and Oceania region: August 2
4. The ability to apply decals to Racing Suits and Helmets will be added.
Until now, Racing Suits and Helmets could only be recoloured. Decals can now also be applied to them.
5. The following 3 events will be added to the 'GT League':
■ Lightweight K Cup (Beginner League)
A race for a class of compact cars only available in Japan, powered by 660 cc displacement engines.
■ Nostalgic Car Festival (Amateur League)
Beautiful design and sensuous sounds. Famed cars of a bygone era gather once again.
■ Mercedes AMG Grand Prix (Professional League)
A one make event with the F1 W08 EQ Power+ that led Lewis Hamilton to his series victory in 2017.
In addition, new Rounds have been added to the following events: F150 Raptor Survival (Beginner League), 4WD Challenge (Amateur League), Vision Gran Turismo Trophy+ (Professional League) and Porsche Cup (Endurance League).
6. More additional features will be added.
The 'Scenes Containing People' collection, a special section of Spots suited for placing drivers, will be added. Furthermore, additional Scapes spots have been added to the 'Tokyo Outer Ring Road, Chiba' collection.
・Circuit de la Sarthe has been added to the 'Circuit Experience'.
There will be various other features, improvements and fixes implemented in this update.