Earlier in the week, we saw some reports claiming that Samsung is planning to release the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 5 ahead of its usual dates to beat Apple's next gen iPhone 6s and the 6s Plus. These rumors were quickly put to trash by J.K. Shin, Samsung Mobile President who cleared that Note 5 will come in its original slot. Sammy doesn't like the attention getting away from the Galaxy S6 duo.
The Galaxy Note 5 release date rumors aside, an exclusive report has now been posted sharing some more juicy bits around the most-talked about upcoming Android phablet.
Coming from a regular and trusted source when it comes to all-news-Samsung, Sammobile has scooped some exclusive details about the Note 5. Here are the details of the major points shared by the site about the upcoming devices including Galaxy Note 5 and Note 5 Edge:
- Samsung has internally renamed Project Zen to Project Zero 2
- Project Zero 2 device will lack the iconic S Pen functionality
- The model number of this Project Zero 2 phablet is SM-G928
- Remember, Note 5 comes under Project Noble and carries model number SM-N920
- Clear View and S View case along with a Keyboard Cover will be released for both the Note 5 and Project Zero 2 devices
- All these smartphones will be announced at IFA 2015 as the previous years
Now, don't get confused between Project Zero 2 and Project Noble. The latter is our dear old Samsung Galaxy Note 5 while the Zero 2 might be the Note 5 Edge sans a stylus - seems so from the specs leaked (refer below). The other important bit that talks about Keyboard Cover is an accessory coming to please those who like to have hard keys and might come in a detachable form.
Galaxy Note 5 specs:
The report also talks about some of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features. Here are the Galaxy Note 5 specs:
- Codenamed Project Noble
- Featuring a 2K or 4K Super AMOLDED flat display (I like how we'd need to mention flat for non-curved smartphones now!)
- Octa core, Exynos 7422 processing chip
- S Pen
On the other hand, here are some of the Project Zero 2 device aka the curved Galaxy Note 5 specs:
- a 5.4 or 5.5-inch phablet
- Super AMOLED dual-edge curved display
- Hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processing chip
- 32GB storage
- 16 megapixel primary camera
- 5 megapixel selfie shooter
- Source: Sammobile