In a completely unexpected move, Samsung has rolled out the very latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Galaxy S3 Neo but has kept its flagship at the 4.4.2 stage. It may be due to the unpolished state of the latest firmware or some other behind-the-scenes reasons that is seeing Galaxy S5 getting delayed update. However, Korean tech leader has surely sent a new G900FXXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5. This update brings some performance improvements and stability features along with some other noticeable changes.
Considering it is a branded firmware, you will get extra apps and perhaps a carrier boot animation too. You can update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to G900FXXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat via OTA of Samsung KIES. If it's unavailable in your region or you want to manually update G900FXXU1ANH4 on Galaxy S5, here is the guide to help you out.
- Once updates, here is how to Root XXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
- Root guide: Root XXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F – How to
G900FXXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 details:
Model name: GALAXY S5
Country: Greece (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 04:49:29 +0000
Product Code: VGR
Prerequisites to flash G900FXXU1ANH4 on Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to G900FXXU1ANH4:
Required files: download official G900FXXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 from here. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS5 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- From that window, locate the respective files to AP (PDA), BL (bootloader), CP (modem), PIT, and CS (CSC) - except AP, ignore others if you don't get any such file.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Check Re-Partition only if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
- Click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.