Root XXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F – How to
The latest official firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F titled G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released. You can update this official firmware via OTA, Samsung KIES or manually using this guide: Download and Update Official G900FXXU1ANG9 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5. Once you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F to the latest official firmware, this guide will help you to root your smartphone. Here is how to root XXU1ANG9 on Galaxy S5 G900F.
– Relevant tutorial: Flash Shohat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Firmware for Galaxy S5 – How to
Prerequisites to root XXU1ANG9 on Galaxy S5:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the root steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root XXU1ANG9 on Galaxy S5:
Here are the steps to root XXU1ANG9 on Galaxy S5 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve the .tar.md5 file.
- Run ODIN, and click on the PDA button.
- Select the .tar.md5 file downloaded earlier.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and put it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Ensuring that re-partition is disabled, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- You can now disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S5 and reboot it to enjoy the super access!
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of leaked firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off SGS5 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.