Featured ROM: BeanStalk Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, BeanStalk is now available for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge G935F. Bringing stock Android UI, the firmware is based on LineageOS 14.1 and offers stable performance. You can now flash Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ROM using the links and steps in this guide.
BeanStalk Android 7.1.1 features:
Lineage OS 14.1
Built-in Task Manager switcher
App Circle bar
System UI Tuner
Quicker system animations
Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
Option to enable all widgets
Numerous extra lock screen options
Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
Custom BeanStalk boot animation by skyliner33v
3-minit battery support
Clock and date options
Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic
Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
Do not disturb option
Show notification count
Recent screen options
Customizable navigation bar
Use Omniswitch as default recent
Built-in screen record
App Circle bar
Disable FC warnings
Disable Immersive message
Force expanded Notifications
Configure scrolling cache
Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
Less frequent Notification sounds options
CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
Enable/disable wake up on charge option
Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
LaOS Performance options and features
Hide superuser icon
Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the*
awesomeness of existing LaOS layout.
Numerous other options are hidden throughout the build.
For more details and support, please visit this XDA thread.
Prerequisites to flash BeanStalk Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ROM
Required files: download BeanStalk for Galaxy S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore > Backup on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate BeanStalk custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 edge into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don't forget to let us know about your experience with this ROM. For more details, support and screenshots, head over to this thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter