ROM-in-Feature: Get Fast Performance and No-Frills Android Experience With CypherOS Nougat
Another custom firmware is out for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. CypherOS brings you stock Android experience with fast performance and added tweaks. You can now flash CypherOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ROM using the links and steps in this guide. For official firmware: Download and Flash Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy S7 edge
CypherOS Android 7.1.1 features
• Status bar Customization
- Quick Pulldown (Right, Left, Always)
- Smart Pulldown
- Network Traffic
- Clock Positions
• Quick Settings
- Enable or disable data on tap
- Layout Customization
- PowerMenu Customization
- Native rootless substratum support
And many more...
Prerequisites to install CypherOS Android 7.1.1 Galaxy S7 edge ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash CypherOS Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ROM
Required files: download CypherOS for Galaxy S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore > Backup on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate CypherOS custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step to install latest GApps for your device.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 edge into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.