Apple today launched its first ever smartwatch alongside the two variants of iPhone 6. The smartwatch sets itself apart from its competition by using a unique digital crown will allow several inputs and navigation on the Apple Watch without affecting the tiny screen real estate. Digital Crown of the Apple Watch definitely got a lot of stage time during the launch keynote - sorry, Siri. Not this time too!
Apple Watch price and release date:
Apple Watch will start selling from early 2015 and will come for $349. The smartwatch will be shipped with a stainless steel link bracelet. Three different versions of the Apple Watch will be available next year. These include the Watch, Watch Sport, and the Apple Watch Edition.
The pricing is for the base Watch model; no details were shared about the Sport and Edition variants of the smartwatch. While the hardware designing and software detailing seem to remain intact on the three versions of the Apple Watch, a little will be changed here and there especially on the looks side. Watch Sport, hence, will have a rubber / silicone band, and the Watch Edition will come with a premium leather wristband.
Here are some images that Apple shared of Apple Watch, Watch Sport, and the Watch Edition at the keynote at Flint Center today.
Relevant iOS leaks and news:
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: Complete Specifications and Battery Stats
- First iPhone 6 Camera Samples – Images
- [Updated] iPhone 6 Plus Revealed at with Next-Gen Retina Display and OIS!
- Leaked iPhone 6 Benchmark Reveals Processor and RAM Details
- China Telecom Launches iPhone 6 Pre-Order Page Revealing Details!
- Biggest iWatch Leak Shows CAD Component Drawings and Specifications!
- 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to be Named “iPhone 6 Plus”
- Unfortunate Details Suggest iWatch Having Poor Battery Performance!