The highly anticipated Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.05 is now live on the PC for Steam and GOG Galaxy users. The patch, which is about 248.4 MB in size, contains the fix for the XP bug.
Steam users will be able to download the latest patch automatically. You can download the patch manually from the link below:
The PS4 update is about 505 MB in size. The changelog details the fix for the XP bug in addition to the fix for Pyres of Novigrad quest.
Full PS4 patch notes can be read below.
Patch notes for the PC version are mostly the same as PS4 with minor changes related to PC version:
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
Keep in mind that this patch doesn’t require any of the previous updates on PC and you can go straight from 1.02 to 1.05 with this patch.
We have recently reported that Marcin Momot, Community Manager and Coordinator for CD Projekt has stated that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt does not have a level cap, something that should really please fans of the game.
A new mod for the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been made available, named E3FX which as the name suggests it tries to mimic the E3 2013 trailer. You can check out and download the mod here.
CD Projekt RED has finally released the new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with the free DLC on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4. The update includes a sexy new look for Yennefer and a new mission for Geralt.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt had the biggest UK release of the year so far, crashing Battlefield Hardline's week one sales by 53 per cent. 63% of physical sales were on the PlayStation 4, followed by 32% on the Xbox One and 5% on PC. The majority of PC sales were digital though. On top of that it seems that it managed to top both the Steam and Green Man Gaming charts as well.
The game has received another patch and the patch notes state an improvement of the texture rendering quality on High and Ultra settings.
The Witcher 3 Hunter’s Config is a nice little tool offering easy access to graphical options, and it's certainly worth a look.
As we have previously covered a few adjustments in the ini files can improve the grass quality in The Witcher 3, as well as the performance. A workaround on how to run HairWorks on AMD GPUs without crippling performance, has also been made available, enabling AMD GPU users to enjoy The Witcher 3 with HairWorks enabled, while getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU.
The Witcher 3 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information on The Witcher 3 as soon as it becomes available.