Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Edition – Windows 10 Tips & Tricks
Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 last week to consumers worldwide in multiple waves. While we shared with you how you can download Windows 10 (irrespective of Microsoft notifying you – which should have arrived to everyone’s machines by now) along with sharing with you how to get the taste of Windows 10 on your Macs, we still have to share the details of making the jump from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Edition.
Steps to upgrade Windows 10 Home to the Pro edition are very straightforward. However, for some unknown reason, Microsoft has neither shared the details nor has it made the path to upgrade easy to find.
How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro:
If you want to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro, following are the few very simple steps to help you out.
- Open Settings > go to Update and Security.
- Click on Activation.
- Click Go To Store.
- Buy the Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $99.
Once you have purchased the upgrade, Windows 10 will install only those bits on your computer that are essential to make the transition from Home to Pro edition. There won’t be any new installation taking place on your computer. As there is no re-installation process required, your files and all the settings will remain intact after making this upgrade.
Have fun with the new operating system and don’t forget to stay up to date with our coverage of latest Windows 10 news, updates, and guides.
- How to Disable Automatic Windows 10 Updates
- Fix Windows 10 Error 80240020 During Installation
- First Update Arrives for Windows 10 After Its Launch Last Week
- Enable “Hey Cortana” in Windows 10 to Get All the Cortana Fun
- Windows 10 Tips: Fix Nvidia Drivers Confilcts and Screen Flickering Issues
- Xbox One Powered by Windows 10 Coming in September – New Design Revealed
- How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7, 8, and Windows 8.1