Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix – How to
Resurrection Remix firmware is finally here for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 updating the device to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. Based on CM 12, Resurrection Remix is one stable and smooth custom ROM. Here is how to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop based Resurrection Remix.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop features:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart pull down
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lock screen Shortcuts
- Clock Color options
- Status bar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- List view animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all cm 12 features
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 custom ROM:
Required files: download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your Note 3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter