Update Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 CM 11 Nightly – How to
AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat based CM 11 Nightly custom firmware is now live and can be flashed on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Get the latest Android 4.4 KitKat features packed with CyanogenMod tweaks and functions. Here is how to update Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 CM 11 KitKat nightly custom firmware.
Check before you update CM 11 Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 must be installed with CWM or TWRP recovery tool - "How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Install ClockworkMod Recovery".
- Enable USB debugging option: go to Menu > Settings > More > About; and scroll down to tap the the build number 7 times. This will unlock Developer options. From Developer Options enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: this guide is only intended for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3; please to not try it on other variants. Your devices must be rooted to flash any custom ROMs. For Sprint Samsung Galaxy note, refer to this guide for flashing CM 11 Nightlies.
Update CM 11 Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy Note 3:
Files required: download CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4.2 KitKat from this link. Also install GApps package on your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using a data cable to your computer and copy the CM 11 nightly zip file to your device's SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- After Nandroid, perform factory reset tasks: from CWM recovery, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now from menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4.2 for Verizon Galaxy Note 3 custom firmware.
- Confirm the flashing process and repeat the process for installing GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Mote 3 into the new CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4.2 custom ROM.