Flash CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 KitKat on Sprint Galaxy Note 3 – How to
AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat based CM 11 Nightly custom firmware is now live to be flashed on Sprint Galaxy Note 3. Get the latest Android 4.4 KitKat features packed with CyanogenMod tweaks and functions. Follow this step by step guide to install CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
Prerequisites to flash CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 must be installed with CWM or TWRP recovery tool.
- Enable USB debugging option: go to Menu > Settings > More > About; and scroll down to tap the the build number 7 times. This will unlock Developer options. From Developer Options enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: this guide is only intended for rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3; please to not try it on other variants. For Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 CM 11 Android 4.4.2 Nightly, read this guide.
How to install CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3:
Files required: download CM 11 Nightly from this link. Also install GApps package on your Note 3.
- Connect Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using a USB cable to your computer.
- Copy the CM 11 nightly zip file to your device’s SD card and then disconnect the USB cord.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- After Nandroid, perform factory reset tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now from menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 custom firmware.
- Confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the process for installing GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Mote 3 into the new CM 11 Nightly custom ROM.