Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAMDE OTA Official
The latest official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 UBUAMDE has been released for i9500 devices. Though the update is rolled out for Columbia, you can easily upgrade your Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 manually with the help of Odin. This latest official update for Galaxy S4 fixes some bugs and adds a few minor tweaks. If you have got the notification, then simply update via OTA otherwise here's the tutorial to help you out.
UBUAMDE Android 4.2.2 firmware:
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAMDE OTA update:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAMDE official firmware:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAMDE for Galaxy S4 I9500 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract ODIN zip file too on your computer and install it.
- Power off your S4 i9500 and wait for a few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your Galaxy S4 in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see an Android bot on screen. Press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Now, run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer (admin rights are required) and connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected, you will see a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- When your smartphone is successfully connected, click on the PDA button and locate the I9500UBUAMDE_I9500UUBAMDE_COO .tar.md5 file. In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Double check everything in the step above to confirm and then hit the START button to initiate the official firmware update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished (shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) your SGS4 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin. You can then disconnect the Galaxy S4 from your computer.
These were the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 to the official UBUAMDE update.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter