Update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUAMDM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official
The official latest firmware update XXUAMDM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 bringing the latest features of Jelly Bean on this new exciting Android phone of the year. XXUAMDM firmware update is available to download from Samsung KIES since it's an official update. But we are also writing a step by step guide to help you do it manually in case you haven't received it yet in your region or are keen to update it manually. We will be using ODIN to update our SGS4 LTE i9505 smartphone.
Note: this tutorial is only meant for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 models. Please do not try it on other variants. For Galaxy S4 I9500 official update, check this link.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUAMDM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official:
- Back up all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Ensure to charge up your SGS4 LTE to at least 80%.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUAMDM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware:
- Switch your SGS4 LTE off and enter in the Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down & Home buttons together and then press the Power button till you see the Android robot icon with a triangle. Press the Power key again to confirm entering in the Download mode.
- Now open ODIN exe on your computer and connect your SGS4 to the computer while in the Download Mode. When your phone is successfully connected, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number - this might take some time.
- Next, we would select the files to flash on the SGS4 LTE i9505, downloaded earlier.
- 1. click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- 2. next click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- 3. now click on CSC to select the file with CSC in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- 4. and finally click on PIT and select .pit file - ignore if there is no such file.
- After selecting the files above, in ODIN check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes. Check the Re-Partition option too only IF you selected a .pit file in the above step.
- Once done with selecting the files and check-boxes, click on the Start button in ODIN to initiate the installation process - it will take a few minutes to complete.
- When the installation process is done, your SGS4 LTE will restart automatically. When it shows you the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 has now been updated to the official Android 4.2.2 build XXUAMDM. To verify, go to Settings > About phone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter