Official Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 XXUAME1 Android 4.2.2
The latest XXUAME1 Android 4.2.2 JB updates have been rolled out and you can update your SGS4 i9505 models OTA. In case you haven't yet got the OTA notifications and want to manually install the official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505, then follow this simple tutorial and be on the latest firmware.
XXUAME1 Android 4.2.2 firmware:
Date: May, 2013
Prerequisites to install official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 XXUAME1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install the official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 XXUAME1:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAME1 for Galaxy S4 I9505 and Odin 3.07 in your computer. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract ODIN zip file too on your pc.
- Turn your SGS4 i9505 off and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Put your Galaxy S4 in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until you see an Android bot on screen. Press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer and connect your Galaxy S4 with your computer using the USB cable. When connected, you will see a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it then try another USB port).
- Once connected, select the following files from I9505XXUAME1 folder downloaded earlier:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Now click on the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name (add it if you got it in your extracted folder - optional).
- Next comes the CSC button to select file with *csc* in its name (add it if you got it in your extracted folder - optional).
- Finally click on the PIT button and select the .pit file. (add it if you got it in your extracted folder - optional).
- In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are selected. In case you got the .pit file then select the Re-Partition checkbox too.
- Double check everything and then click on the START button to start the official update process.
- Once the installation is completed, your phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message in the screen of Odin.
- You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the PC.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 should now be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build XXUAME1. To verify go to Settings > About phone and confirm the official firmware update.