Install Pre-Rooted XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 i9500
The experimental release of XXUAMC6 firmware based on Android 4.2.2 can be installed on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. This is the first root file to have been appeared for Galaxy S4 flagship phone. Since it's an experimental release we aren't sure if it would work - we'd know once SGS4 is out.
An XDA developer used the system dump files of Android 4.2.2 XXUAMCH firmware to create a new system.img file with added root and busybox. All of these changes can be used to root Samsung's latest flagship phone using a single .tar.md5 file. This root file does not contain any kernels, recoveries or modem and is stock Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 pre-rooted and busy-boxed Jelly Bean firmware.
Prerequisites to consider before you install pre-rooted XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4:
- The tutorial is specifically meant for I9500 variants. Don't try it on the i9505 model or you will brick your gorgeous new phone.
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Developer Options menu. If you can’t find it then you open Settings > About phone > Build Number and tap this 7 times. You will get a ‘now you’re a developer’ or some message of the sort.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 60% of charge.
How to install pre-rooted XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Switch off your Galaxy S4 i9500.
- Boot it into Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. When the screen powers ON, press Power once again for the Download Mode to appear.
- Launch Odin.exe on your computer.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC using USB data cable. You would get an added!! message on ODIN screen.
- Now, click the PDA button in Odin and browse your PC contents for the I9500XXUAMC6_I9500OXAAMC6_ROOT_ODEX.tar.md5 file. Load it into ODIN and make sure that the ‘Re-partition’ option is disabled. Please don’t change any other default settings of ODIN.
- Now press the START button to initiate the installation process which might take several minutes to complete.
- When the installation is done, your SGS4 will automatically restart and ODIN will display the Pass message. Disconnect your device now.
- Once the phone reboots, check for the Superuser icon in the App drawer. The appearance of it will confirm the complete root installation.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa smartphone is now rooted. You might find some errors and bugs with this release since it's an experimental release. Let's wait for more updates once the SGS4 is out in the market.
Note: this firmware root file appeared on XDA - visit the developer's page to learn more.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter