Flash SOKP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 – How to
Taking some of the best features from various popular ROMs including AOKP, LiquidSmooth, AICP, BeanStalm, etc, Sonic Open Kang Project (SOKP) custom firmware has now been updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Designed by Sonic developers, this ROM is based on CyanogenMod.
SOKP custom ROM is a favorite of users thanks to the super fast performance it gives. However, the highlight of the ROM is something else - "Real True-HD DTS Sound". Yep, the ROM gives you support for DTS audio codec and Dolby codec giving you an unparalleled surround sound on your Android device.
SOKP custom firmware is also popular for its brilliant HD display optimizations and Dark Material theme. This custom firmware is also one of the first to help you update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Here are some of the features of this awesome ROM followed by the steps to help you update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 5.1.1 SOKP Lollipop custom firmware.
SOKP Android 5.1.1 features:
Various Bug Fixes Compared To Google AOSP
Material Dark UI.
Advanced Mode In Settings.
Configurable Custom colours in Battery Saver Mode.
On The Spot
On Screen Navigation Bar switch.
Navigation Bar Left handed Mode in Landscape Mode.
Configurable Navigation Bar Hight.
Navigation Bar Button Colour.
Materialised Toast Frames.
Disable FC Dialogues.
Materialised Text Select handle.
Smooth Upload & Download Animations.
Fix For Battery Status wakelock
Status Bar Left Clock.
Customizable Battery icon.
Status bar Notification Counts.
Double Tap To sleep option in status bar.
Status bar Brightness control.
Weather above Quick settings.
Quick Settings Customisations
Configurable Power Menu.
Configurable Multi-user Accounts.
Customizable device wakeup with home, volume buttons
Customizable long press action and Double tap action
Option to reorient volume button when screen rotates
Customizable lock screen slider short-cuts
Glow-pad double tap gesture
Wake Lock Blocker
Customizable Navigation Bar and Navigation Rings
Cyanogen Mod Themes with customizable Styles,,Icons,fonts boot animation,sound packs,etc
Custom Profile switcher
- For more details, visit SOKP Android 5.1.1 XDA thread.
What to check before you update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to SOKP Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 7.0 P3100 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to SOKP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM:
- Download SOKP Android 5.1.1
- Download Google Apps package for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on your computer.
Next are the steps to flash SOKP Android 5.1.1 on your Tab 2.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your tablet. Make sure that you store these files in SD card root, not in any folders.
- Disconnect USB and switch off your Galaxy Tab 2. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up.
- Perform the Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to switch back.
- Now perform a full data wipe operation by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Follow it by wiping cache data by selecting wipe cache partition. Perform dalvik cache wipe by going to advanced and then selecting wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the SOKP Android 5.1.1 custom ROM file using the Volume keys and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to complete successfully.
- Repeat the above step but select Gapps zip file this time to install in the tablet.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollopop based custom firmware.
You have just flashed the very latest version of Android Lollipop on your Tab 2. Have fun!