How to Flash Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S3
There are reports that Samsung Galaxy S3 might not receieve the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop update. However, there are a ton of custom ROMs being made available to fill that gap. Here is how to flash feature-packed and very stable Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 features:
- Navigation Bar
- Navbar Button Customization
- Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)-Statusbar
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- SuperUser Indicator Switch
- Carrier Label, Switch, Colour
- Quick PullDown Switch
- Smart Pulldown Switch
- Clock Customizations
- Time & date
- Clock Colour
- Day & date Toogle
- Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
- Battery Bar customization
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- Battery % Text
- Network Traffic Indicator
- Theme Chooser
- RR exclusive PITCH BLACK THEME
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- ALL cm12 Features
- and much more
Prerequisites to flash Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 on Galaxy S3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Flash Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 custom ROM on Galaxy S3:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 5.1 based Resurrection Remix custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 I9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! Enjoy Lollipop on Galaxy S3.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter