Two Ways to Factory Reset Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge – Android Tips & Tricks
When we share some fixes for any problem that you may be facing with your smartphones, it must be at least 9/10 times that we end the guides with,
"if none of the other tips works, factory resetting is the last resort..."
Which is why after sharing with you an extensive list of Galaxy S6 and S6 edge tips and another guide to help you fix battery drain issues, we are finally sharing with you just how to factory reset Galaxy S6 or S6 edge. We hope that you don't need to factory reset, but honestly, it's not much of a tedious process if you constantly backup the data on your phone.
Don't get me wrong, there's of course no excitement in factory resetting just all the time but well, it certainly works! From erratic Android updates causing issues in your devices to battery concerns, factory resetting your smartphone almost always solves the problem.
- Relevant guide: Setup Fingerprint, Pattern, Passcode or Password Locks on Galaxy S6 Duo
Important: The primary reason why we don't like doing it is because of the backing up of data. Yes, factory reset takes your device to its original / factory condition which means your data will be wiped off! Once you have done the Galaxy S6 backup, it's time to proceed with the Galaxy S6 factory reset.
How to factory reset Galaxy S6 and S6 edge:
1- The easiest way to factory reset Galaxy S6 or the Edge is to do it via Settings
- Go to Settings
- From here, go to Backup and Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Read the on-screen alerts (mainly that you NEED to backup) and tap Reset Device
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 will then reset and reboot with all of its data wiped. Once up again, you can set it up using your backup.
2- Factory reset Galaxy S6 Edge and Galaxy S6 using hardware keys
- Turn off Galaxy S6
- Press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home keys
- You will notice the Android bot on the screen taking you to Recovery. Once in recovery, use Volume keys to navigate and Power key to select / confirm options
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset and confirm with Power key
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 will now reset which may take a little while. You will see a message at the bottom of the screen once the process is completed successfully. When you see that, highlight Reboot System Now using Volume keys and select it using Power key.
Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge will now restart. First restart after the factory reset takes a while so please be patient. As before, you can set up your device using backup to get all your data back on your device.
Hope factory resetting Galaxy S6 duo helped you to solve the issues you may be facing with the smartphones.
- Relevant guide: Top Galaxy S6 Edge to Help You Get the Most of the Curved Phone
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter