CWM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
All the fun with Android devices is due to the many custom ROMs that are being developed with dedicated Fandroiders around the world. For flashing these custom ROMs, you need to have a recovery tool like Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM). We talked about CMW for Galaxy Tab 7.7, in this post we will learn how to download and install CWM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Note: This tutorial of installing CMW on Galaxy Tab 7.0 is only for the devices with model numbers P3100, P3110 and P113. Please do not try on other variants or it may brick your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Disclaimer: Developers and Wccftech cannot be held responsible in case of any damage happened to your device. Flashing your device is considered risky hence you are advised to read the tutorial completely before moving on to recovery and flashing. Execute these steps on your own risk.
Pre-requisites to consider:
- Charge your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 at least up to 70% to avoid any interruption during the installation process.
- Install Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 drivers on your computer. If you have already KIES installed on your computer, drivers aren’t needed.
- Please create back up of all your important data on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 like contacts, apps, calendar, messages, etc to any external memory.
How to install Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- Download CWM for Tab 2 7.0.
- Install Odin3 v1.85 on your computer.
- Press volume down + power button simultaneously to enter into downloading mode until the downloading message comes on screen.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to computer using USB cable.
- Run Odin software that you installed on the computer. You will get an Added!! message in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get any such message, please install tablet drivers properly on the computer.
- Click on PDA button and select recovery.tar file.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Don’t click anywhere else.
- To initialize flashing process click on the Start button. It will take a few minutes in this process.
- Tablet gets rebooted automatically after the flashing gets successfully finished. You will get a pass message in Odin’s message box.
- In case you don’t get the pass message, and a fail message appears in message box, please remove the battery, insert it back in Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and restart the whole procedure.
Clockworkmod aka CWM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 recovery tool is now successfully installed on your tablet making it ready for custom ROMs.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter