Flash CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM on Nexus 6, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 – How to
CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly custom firmware based on the very latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop can now be flashed on Motorola Nexus 6, Asus Nexus 7 2012 and Samsung Nexus 10. Based on AOSP, you can experience this ROM with a pure stock look and feel. Once flashed, you will get OTA notifications to update your device to any latest updates that are being added to the ROM everyday. Here are the steps to flash CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 on Nexus 10, Nexus 7 and Nexus 6.
Prereqs to update Nexus 6, 7 and 10 to CM12.1 Android 5.1.1:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 10 or Nexus 6 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus device should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Nexus 6, 7 and Nexus 10 to CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM:
- Download CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 10
- Download CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 6
- Download CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 7
- Download GApps package
Here are the steps to update Nexus 6 and Nexus 10 to CM12.1 Android 5.1.1:
- Connect your Nexus device to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your tablet and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the Bootloader mode: press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Follow onscreen instructions and go to recovery. Once here, use Volume keys to highlight and Power to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while; enjoy the sweetness of lollipop on your Nexus.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter