You can now update your Galaxy S4 LTE to Android 5.0.1 latest official lollipop firmware. The Lollipop update brings a new TouchWiz interface taking inspiration from Material Design philosophy. New ART run time will give you improved performance and better multitasking experience. You can update Galaxy S4 I9505 to XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1 official lollipop via OTA or Samsung KIES if you are in the UK region. Follow this guide to manually update your LTE smartphone to the latest official firmware update regardless of your location.
XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S4 LTE
Country United Kingdom (Black Edition)
Version Android 5.0.1
Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:44:46 +0000
Product code BTU
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1 lollipop official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and reboot it.
Once you have completed all the above steps to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUHOB7 Android 5.0.1, here is how to root your smartphone on the latest official firmware.