Root Galaxy S4 LTE on Android 5.0.1 XXUHOB7 Official Firmware – How to
Once you have updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE smartphone on the latest official Lollipop update (XXUHOB7), here is the tutorial to help you root your smartphone. This latest official Lollipop sweetness from Samsung for Galaxy S4 LTE brings in some new design changes in TouchWiz, better performance, and some new TouchWiz apps too. Here is how to root Galaxy S4 LTE on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official firmware update.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 LTE on Android 5.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- You need to have a custom recovery tool on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 LTE on Android 5.0.1 official firmware:
Files required: download the SuperSU Android 5.0.1 XXUHOB7 Lollipop root package from this link.
- Connect your SGS4 via a USB cable to your computer and copy and paste the download SuperSU package zip file on your SD card root.
- Switch your Galaxy S4 off and disconnect the USB cable.
- Switch your phone in the Recovery mode: turn the device on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in, select flash zip from SD card using the Power key > select choose zip from sdcard.
- Using volume keys, locate the downloaded SuperSU zip file copied earlier.
- Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the root installation is finished successfully, go to main menu and reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Ta da! Enjoy your rooted smartphone on Android 5.0.1 official firmware!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter