Update Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 5.0.1 CM12 Custom ROM – How to
You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using the awesome CyanogenMod 12 custom firmware. CM12’s latest update is based on the 5.0.1 version of the OS fixing earlier bugs and bringing under-the-hood improvements. However, you should note that CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is still in the beta stage with the CM team adding more and more features with each iterative update. Here are the steps to help you update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
– Recommended: Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.1 CM12.1
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 5.0.1 based CM12 custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 5.0.1 CM12:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to CM12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy the goodness of the sweet Lollipop!