Starpoint Gemini Warlords Gets 2.0 Update with Deep Engine Optimization
Starpoint Gemini Warlords received a free 2.0 update on PC, introducing a redesign of the Diplomacy mechanics as well as 'deep engine optimization'.
Below you can get the full details of the patch.
- Diplomacy overhaul
- AI faction (both friendly and neutral) multiple scenario reaction on player infrastructure development (war declaration, resource support, war threats, peace pleads)
- AI faction (both friendly and neutral) multiple scenario reaction on player research progress (war declaration, resource support, war threats, peace pleads)
- AI faction self triggered interaction
- AI faction alliance requests/Factions want you to attack other factions
- Engine optimization
- GPU related crash issues fixed
- Minor memory leak issues fixed
- Script system performance drain issue optimized
- Several mod issues fixed
- Improved mod related issues event logging
- A.I. Factions will attack player on Declaration of War.
- Linking/Hacking satellites will trigger faction reactions
LGM CTO Zeljiko Kos said:
We have a large part of current players who adore the game, and on the other hand, new players who are fighting with the basics in Starpoint Gemini Warlords. Current players already know how to approach the game, and what to do in it. But we wanted to change how the game fundamentally feels for the new players. There is a lot of new hints and guides which tell you where to go, what this and that means on the user interface, what these icons on the Starchart are, what to do next, etc. The game now feels a lot more user-friendly, in a way you can simply pick it up and play.
Nikola Jukic, lead script and project manager for the Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0 update, added:
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a great game on its own, although players always wanted to have more abilities and more options when it comes to diplomacy with the other factions. That is why we wanted to do a complete diplomacy overhaul for the game, from the ground up. Of course, this isn't something that happens overnight. Diplomacy overhaul was a lengthy process. We had to break things apart, put a lot of updates and fixes in the middle, and put them back together to make everything work as intended.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is also now on a weeklong franchise sale. You can find out more about it on this page. As a reminder, we published an exclusive interview with LGM CEO Mario Mihokovic in early February.