Samurai Shodown Release Date Revealed, Early Adopters Get Season Pass for Free
Earlier this year, SNK revealed Samurai Shodown would be returning after a 15-year absence and now they’ve nailed down a late-June release date for the Unreal-Engine-4-powered fighter. Additionally, SNK has announced those who pre-order or buy the game within six days of release will get the Samurai Shodown Season Pass, which includes six extra fighters, for free! You can check out the latest Samurai Shodown 101 trailer, below.
SNK has also released a series of trailers showing off individual characters. Have a look at Nakoruru, Darli Dagger, Ukyo Tachibana, Shiki, and Charlotte.
Haven’t been keeping up with the new Samurai Shodown? Here’s a rundown of its key features:
- Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat – Samurai Shodown carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory.
- Evolving the Presentation – Using the power of Unreal Engine 4, SNK is able to modernize the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before.
- Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors – Samurai Shodown welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favorite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters—13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise.
- All New Gameplay – Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Shodown will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move.
- Revolutionary New AI System – Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles.
Samurai Shodown throws down on Xbox One and PS4 on June 25. Buy before June 30 if you want that free Season Pass.