Quantic Dream Might Announce Their PS4 Exclusive Soon
Quantic Dream has posted two career opportunity ads on the studio's site.
The first is for a Senior Marketing artist:
As a Marketing Artist at Quantic Dream, you will:
- Effectively create and communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale by using 2D/3D packages;
- Collaborate with cross-functional entities such as the Movie director, Art director, Graphics team, to produce high quality images and promotional assets used on packaging, posters, web banners, etc… for AAA games;
- Work on multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations;
- Create interactive visual design executions that address the in-game brand; – Create digital and/or print design deliverables for commercials, printed assets, environmental in-game graphics and more.
- The studio seems to be preparing to advertise something, but you can’t advertise what you haven’t announced yet This appears to be indicating that a reveal is imminent. And we aren’t looking at a small production like Fahrenheit‘s re-release, as the ad explicitly mentions “AAA games.”
The second ad is seeking a Game Builder:
We are looking for Game Builders to work on the construction of our next AAA game on PlayStation 4. You will be responsible to recover all the data and assemble them according to the scenario in our game editor.
At the heart of the production, this position includes many aspects:
- Work with game designers to analyze the game design and adapt the tools and constraints.
- Technique: integration of the elements ensuring the consistency of the game, and the most rational manner possible.
- Communication with other departments: You will be responsible for data recovery, and verification and change requests from other departments.
- Finally, you will be responsible for the advanced stages of the game, ensuring that any problems are identified and known to the relevant departments.
- The “game building” phase comes towards the end of development, when all the various elements are put together and checked for coherence. The ad also explicitly mentions that the candidate will be responsible for the advanced stages of development.
We have absolutely no information yet on Quantic Dream's unannounced PS4 exclusive title.
The studio led by visionary David Cage, has brought us some extraordinary games such as Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls. We can certainly hope that the announcement comes next month at E3 2015, but there is a chance that Sony might save the game for Paris Games Week in October. Sony has chosen the Games Week event over Gamescom, which is rather surprising as the latter is quite simply the biggest gaming event of the year, surpassing even E3 by quite a margin in regards to attendance. E3 is the event that gets the most game announcements though. Xbox Boss, Phil Spencer promises Microsoft has the same amount of new content for Gamescom as they have for E3, something that is quite staggering, given that huge content being teased for E3 next month.
Quantic Dream is a French studio and has strong presence in the French gaming industry, so it is possible that the reveal of the new game is saved for Paris Games Week.
Sony's E3 2015 press conference will be held on Monday June 15 at 6PM PST
Sony certainly has lot riding on their E3 press conference, and hopefully they will have some surprises to counteract Microsoft's heavyweights. With the recent delays announcements for Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank, Sony needs to introduce some exclusives for 2015. Xbox has Halo 5: Guardians, Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and others, while PlayStation doesn't have much. The gorgeous Until Dawn is coming out on August 25, and No Man's Sky later this year but otherwise not much else on exclusives from Sony. Hopefully E3 2015 will change that and we have some exciting announcements with at least some titles releasing within the year.
Some new Uncharted 4 Gameplay footage will be shown at E3
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will get some new gameplay footage, which will demonstrate what Naughty Dog has achieved since the PlayStation Experience, where the incredible gameplay demo wowed the audience. Guerilla's open world RPG is probably going to be revealed with hopefully some beautiful gameplay, and we might get a teaser of Sucker Punch' new title. We can hope for a PS4 God of War announcement as well.
Insomniac will give us a glimpse of the Ratchet & Clank reboot title for the PS4, which is a re-imagining of the franchise set to release alongside the movie in 2016. We will likely get a better look at Project Morpheus, along with a few VR optimised titles, and probably a release date for the device.
We will bring you any new information on Quantic Dream's new title, Sony and E3 2015 as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter